As long as the doors stay closed.....?

#142 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Can I make a request for you guys to look into maybe owning or leasing a PA-28 Cherokee or Warrior, its really good 4 seater plane, low wing, good range

Tim,
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll certainly make a note and keep these aircraft in mind. Are there any FS9\FSX freeware\payware models of these aircraft?
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#143 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

All,

Our FSE Group now has a Pilatus PC-12 at its' disposal, (G-CCWY), which is currently located at Liverpool. This aircraft has 10 seats and can carry 1,545 Kg @ 25% fuel, so make good use of her. :D

As with all Group owned aircraft, if you use this aircraft you must fly for the group, thank you for your continued co-operation with this.
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#144 Dave Brede

Dave Brede

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

All,

Our FSE Group now has a Pilatus PC-12 at its' disposal, (G-CCWY), which is currently located at Liverpool. This aircraft has 10 seats and can carry 1,545 Kg @ 25% fuel, so make good use of her. :D

As with all Group owned aircraft, if you use this aircraft you must fly for the group, thank you for your continued co-operation with this.

Hmmm this was my thoughts for a payware aircraft, anyone using it, what do you think???

#145 Alex Bloomfield

Alex Bloomfield

Division member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

I know they're expensive but my request is for a King Air if we can get one. Carenado's models are excellent and there's a couple of freeware ones around too.

#146 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hmmm this was my thoughts for a payware aircraft, anyone using it, what do you think???

Dave, I'm a big fan of the Flight1 PC12 and fly it quite regularly. It is quite old now, by some standards, but I don't have an issue with it.

I know they're expensive but my request is for a King Air if we can get one. Carenado's models are excellent and there's a couple of freeware ones around too.

Alex, King Air request noted, thanks.
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#147 Daniel Parkin

Daniel Parkin

Division member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I've been "forced" to buy the Duke Turbine :D
Posted ImagePosted Image
Some bloke.

#148 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Dan,

You won't be disappointed :D If there are any other aircraft you want to be 'forced' to buy, just let us know :P
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#149 Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Can I make a request for you guys to look into maybe owning or leasing a PA-28 Cherokee or Warrior, its really good 4 seater plane, low wing, good range

Tim,
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll certainly make a note and keep these aircraft in mind. Are there any FS9\FSX freeware\payware models of these aircraft?

http://www.aerosoft....61333860,D10824 (FSX only)

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showdsearchpiper:010010!0,6161333860,11746 (both FS9 and FSX)

Tim,

http://www.aerosoft....61333860,D10824 (FSX only)

http://www.aerosoft....161333860,11746 (both FS9 and FSX)

edit: couldnt find any freeware which is a shame :(

Posted Image

#150 Celestyn Chmielewski

Celestyn Chmielewski

Division member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1287 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

If there are any other aircraft you want to be 'forced' to buy, just let us know :P

Oh oh oh, what about PA34? I got Carenado PA34 and always use PA34 for VFR flights. :P
Posted Image
South East Home Controller S3 EGKK_APP - currently training to gain Heathrow Validation & visiting Scottish RTS
Member of British Airways Virtual

My favourite aircraft: Boeing 777
My computer spec: Corsair Gaming series 800W PSU, Corsair H80 Hydro High Performance CPU Cooler, i5 overclocked to 4.7, NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 448 1280MB.
Celestyn Chmielewski

#151 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Celestyn, Noted :)

All, That's a serious shopping list we have now and it's going to take some serious flying for the group to amass the cash required. :D
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#152 Daniel Parkin

Daniel Parkin

Division member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Dan,

You won't be disappointed :D If there are any other aircraft you want to be 'forced' to buy, just let us know :P

I have the piston version and a couple of other RealAir products, still prefer A2A with AccuSim for a more authentic experience but I don't suppose there's much call for Spits and Mustangs, unless you want to add a Stratocruiser to our list B)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Some bloke.

#153 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

A Quest Kodiak, G-CCWZ, has been leased to the group for all pilots to use.

Lionheart creations produce a Kodiak: http://www.lionheart...com/Kodiak.html

The Kodiak is quite unique in that there is another aircraft that FSE see's as a Kodiak, the EPIC LT: http://www.lionheart...om/Epic_LT.html
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#154 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

All,

I will be away from the Group, VATSIM and the 'tinternet from Monday for a week for a family holiday.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support of this FSE group. It is quite amazing what you have achieved in a very short time since George created this group, you should all be immensely proud.

I've been 'playing' FSE for over a year now and I'm astounded by both dedication and generosity which has been shown towards us in the first few weeks of our existence, and with your continued support there are no bounds to what we can achieve together.

Take care,
Ian
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#155 Clifford Pratley

Clifford Pratley

Division member

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

General Dos and Don'ts

A few final tips. If you do not know what will happen if you do not follow these tips, you should review this manual again.
• ALWAYS check the FSE Client before moving your aircraft to ensure you have all your assignments onboard.
• ALWAYS set your parking brake at every stop! Make sure you get credit for your flight.
• ALWAYS check the capabilities of an aircraft with various fuel levels.
• ALWAYS check the "My Flight" screen before you start the FSE client. • DO disable the "Slew" key in your keyboard commands. No Slewing is allowed. If you hit it by accident and you are in flight it will cancel your flight!
• DO join in the Forums discussion, it adds to the fun of FSE.
• DO say "HI" to your loved ones at least monthly, you won't see them much!

• DO NOT chase the "money" in FSE you will get burnout fast!.
• DO NOT use the MSFS option of "Unlimited Fuel"
• NEVER quit the FS Economy program while in flight.
• NEVER park your aircraft near the fuel pumps in FS!
• NEVER use time synchronization tools. They affect the time measuring and cause a rental charge that is too high.
• TRY NOT to leave more than 50% fuel onboard when you're finished with a plane unless you plan on using it.
• TRY NOT to leave system aircraft without enough fuel to reach the nearest fuel depot
• ABOVE ALL.....do not cheat. FSEconomy is not foolproof but fortunately, 99% of possible cheats are known and traceable. The FSE Audit team regularly reviews activity logs and will take steps to ensure fair play by all.

#156 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

April Summary Report

April was our first full month of operation and the pilot participation and contribution was exceptional, thank you! :D

Below are some high level statistics regarding the FSE Group's April activity:
  • Pilots: 52 with 54% active.
  • Aircraft: 9 (3 owned, 6 leased)
  • Flights: 309
  • Miles Flown: 36,933
  • Flight Income: $547,447.78
  • FBO's owned: 2 (EGHP - Popham & EGCF - Sandtoft)
  • FBO Income: $13,076.82
Top 5 aircraft by number of flights flown for the group:
  • Cessna 206 - 82
  • Cessna 172 - 77
  • Embraer Legacy 600 - 38
  • Turbine Duke - 17
  • Cessna 185 - 16

Thanks again for continued participation!
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#157 Graham Woodley

Graham Woodley

Division member

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Just did my first flight (grawood), rented a Beech Baron 58 and took 4 French Military types from EGKA - LFOE.

I think the group got $734 for that if I did it right.

I will try and fly some group aircraft, but can I use the FSX default Beech Baron 58 instead of the group Duke? Or do we need to have exactly the same type?
Intentionally Blank

#158 Ian Robson

Ian Robson

Division Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi Graham,

Welcome to the group!

The FSE client checks the title of the aircraft you have selected in FS against this list: http://atilla.hintte...supportedac.jsp. The column on the right is what the client see's your loaded aircraft as.

In the situation you mention above the FSE client would stop you from starting a flight using the Duke because it can see you have a Baron 58 loaded in FS.
generate.php?mid=863791
863791.png

#159 Graham Woodley

Graham Woodley

Division member

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

OK, thanks Ian, I understand now.

I'll get shopping then :)

This is quite good, a bit complex to understand at first, but brings a new purpose to GA-ing.
Intentionally Blank

#160 David South

David South

Division member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

This all looks very interesting. I might be up for joining you once I have some more time under my belt online. And once I figure out how it all works!

Dave South EGFF - GLS375
Civilian Gliding Instructor 621VGS Hullavington (EGDV) - Air Training Corps
c6a63ba4-a737-4cb0-9dc2-cea997b845aa_zps
                         generate.php?mid=1245777